It’s Goddess Month!
What is that, you say?
Goddess Month is not a mainstream or well-known holiday (yet). It is something that I came up with several years ago with one of my team members as a “just between us” observance.
Because of a past commitment to a global non-profit I co-founded, I always felt that my new year did not start on the first of January.
Because the primary online celebration connected to this non-profit happened in January, I felt like that month was a blur, and there was no time to celebrate the New Year.
Because of this, a few friends and I decided to do something extra special that would help us not only decompress from the business of January but something special just for US.
That’s when Goddess Month was created!
And I’d like to encourage you to do the same. So this February, put yourself first while celebrating the Inner Goddess that lives in all of us.
Goddess Month is all about us. It’s about acknowledging what amazing women can achieve when surrounded by other Wise Women.
It’s 28 days to be kind to ourselves and honor our majesty as women.
Here Are 28 Ideas For Celebrating Goddess Month
- Take a daily walk in nature. Soak up the sun, listen to the trees, and observe the beauty of clouds.
- Use your ears in a new way! I highly recommend turning off the TV and listening to something instead. An audiobook, perhaps, or my personal favorite, podcasts. Check out my new podcast over on my sister site Mongata.
- Take a trip. Maybe it is across town to a new shop or a day trip to an unknown destination. Explore and discover something new every day!
- Buy the shoes or get the dress. We don’t need special occasions to treat ourselves to something new that makes our hearts sing.
- Volunteer. Volunteerism not only helps a person or organization in need but also broadens our horizons and fills our hearts up.
- Send a Thank You Note to someone who means the world to you.
- Play with a pet. Studies have shown that interacting with furry friends releases serotonin and eases stress.
- Write. Writing in a journal is a great way to spend time with your own thoughts and dreams.
- Buy yourself flowers!
- Cook. Cooking good food that nourishes our bodies is a great way to treat ourselves with love.
- Call your parents and laugh about stories of your childhood.
- Soak in the tub.
- Get a massage.
- Take a nap.
- Give yourself a facial.
- Give yourself (or treat yourself) a manicure and/or pedicure.
- Snuggle up with a good book.
- Indulge in a creative hobby like needlecraft, painting, or sewing.
- Try a new restaurant with friends.
- Make a list of all you love about yourself.
- Do a day of digital detox.
- Hire someone to clean your home professionally.
- Learn a new skill. An active mind is a healthy one.
- Every day, write down five things you are grateful for.
- Light some candles, turn off your phone and listen to music.
- Brew a cup of tea.
- Watch a sunset with a loved one.
- Dance like no one is watching!
What will YOU do to be nice to YOU this month?