From Valarie: Tuesdays are for sharing and I’m so happy to be sharing our team with you. Lately I’ve been receiving so many emails and comments on all of the blogs wondering how I get it all done. The answer to that question is that I have the most incredible people who make up the Audrey Press team. Without them nothing would get done. With them, every idea in my head is a possibility. All of us work virtually online and freelance. We live all over the world and every day is filled with fun creations. Without further ado, I present to you the doers, dreamers, and wizards of Audrey Press. This week we are “meeting” Bernadette Emerson from Rhythm of the Home. Welcome Bernadette!
Bernadette\’s Bio (In her words): I am a mama to two, navigating the waters of motherhood with fierce love and a lot of messiness. A former birth professional and passionate activist, I’m easing into a new life with my family, having moved away from our liberal village to my Midwest hometown.
Little Known Facts About Bernadette: (As described by her)
- I was born to a rocket scientist and a theater director.
- I grew up on a lake in Missouri, then lived in Colorado for 12 years. I\’m now back in Missouri…missing the mountains but once again with a lake in my backyard.
- I grew up pursuing all kinds of artistic interests, including classical and contemporary dance, piano, voice, acting, guitar, and most recently ukulele. In college I was the youngest member of an all-girl folk band with a musician, a pharmacist, and a sci-fi/fantasy writer.
- I\’ve attended hundreds of births in various roles, and caught a few babies as well. My own babies were both born in our bedroom.
- I love to read, sew, make soup, take photos, do art, daydream, acquire books, craft supplies, and art, and repeatedly move my cat off my keyboard.
- On my first long trip (rafting) with my husband (then boyfriend) I was bitten by a rattlesnake in a place called Desolation Canyon. The only information our map/guidebook had on the snake was \”not usually fatal.\”