As the holiday season begins to ramp up and the act of holiday gift-buying shifts to a whole new direction, we want to remind people that books are always a great gift for kids and adults alike.
There has been much buzz that the gift-buying adventure is going to be \”different\” this year because of incoming shipping issues. With shipping disruptions and congested global supply chains delaying incoming products, we would like to remind people that items created by local artisans (books, crafts, experiences, vintage, or repurposed) will never be \”stuck on a freighter!\”
We would also like to remind everyone that eBooks are NOT a “less than” or undesirable gift for the people on your shopping list.
Amazon Kindle eBooks offer an affordable way to:
- Avoid standing forever in checkout lines sweating profusely in winter clothes and dying to scratch the unbearable itch behind your face covering.
- A way to entertain Little, improve brains, enhance a business, and escape into another world for a while.
- Avoid gifts that have calories.
- Avoid buying something in the wrong size.
- Avoid buying something that needs batteries.
- Keeps people of all ages READING during a difficult and challenging time in global history
“When the pandemic began in early 2020, I knew I needed to help keep people reading and yet respect the fact that there’s a lot of financial insecurity right now,” Audrey Press CEO, Valarie Budayr, noted. “Yet, people were craving distraction via a quality read. With that in mind, we are working hard to get ALL of Audrey Press’ catalog of fiction, children’s, and non-fiction books into eBook form and have purposefully priced many $3.99 and below. My company is no different than most small businesses. Times are tough, but we are still here. Now is the time we would like to encourage shoppers to support small, independent companies while giving the gift of reading.”
Quality and Epic eBooks from Audrey Press (Available on Amazon Kindle)
- The Ascension Trilogy (Ascension, Clandestine, and Reclamation) 3-Book Bundle by Hannah Rials (YA, Urban Fantasy) “Steeped in the mystery, intrigue, and rich history of New Orleans, readers will enter the secretive world of the Deuxsang. Teen vampire, Cheyenne, and her forbidden love, Eli, embark on a vastly different and dangerous, journey as the net of betrayal tightens around them. This intense and fresh novel is enchanting, mesmerizing, and impossible to put down right up to the cliffhanger ending. Remember, the end is not the end.”
- Two-Year Waitlist: An Entrepreneurial Guide for Music Teachers by Noreen Wenjen (Non-fiction Business). As a 25-year veteran of the piano instruction profession, Noreen Wenjen shares her tried-and-true method of using marketing, technology, and business know-how to grow a two-year waitlist for a successful independent music studio.
- Pilgrimage: A Modern Seeker’s Guide by Evans Bowen (Spirituality and Travel). Fans of Spiritual Travel…where will your gypsy soul take you this year?
Author Evans Bowen raises the vibrations and shifts the restless souls\’ perspectives that are unable to travel due to our increasingly fragmented world. In Pilgrimage: A Modern Seeker\’s Guide, Bowen recounts her 40-day trek on one of the world\’s most sacred paths, Camino de Santiago (known in English as the Way of St. James) in 2014.
- HOW TO COACH GIRLS by Mia Wenjen and Alison Foley (Parenting and Coaching). Alison Foley, CEO of Foley Athletic Advising, and Mia Wenjen, parenting blogger at PragmaticMom.com, help coaches — both parent volunteer and professional — crack the code of how to keep girls in sports.
- The Elusive Full Ride Scholarship: An Insider’s Guide by Mia Wenjen and Alison Foley (Parenting and Coaching). For those looking to go to college on a sports scholarship, the recruiting process can be both daunting and overwhelming. The Elusive Full Ride Scholarship: An Insider\’s Guide breaks down the process step-by-step to help parents and athletes navigate the system and find the right college fit.
- A Year in the Secret Garden by Valarie Budayr and Marilyn Scott-Waters (Middle Reader Activity and Screen-Free Learning). Inspired by the classic children’s tale, The Secret Garden by The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Year in the Secret Garden will enchant your family with 200 color illustrations and photos that puts a modern-day spin on this classic favorite.
- The ABCs of BookJumping: The Best of Jump into a Book! This eBook contains over 150 book reviews, unique book-inspired activities and recipes, book pilgrimages, facts about classic book authors that we all know and love, and many, many reasons to spend countless hours “unplugged” and reading as a family.
- BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 by Mia Wenjen. With a determination to change the world, one book at a time, Wenjen created BEST #OWNVOICES CHILDREN’S BOOKS: My Favorite Diversity Books for Kids Ages 1-12 as a way to highlight books written by authors who share the same marginalized identity as the characters in their books. Inside the pages, readers, parents, caregivers, educators, and librarians will find extensive book recommendations for Native American Heritage Month #OwnVoices, Muslim #OwnVoices, Holocaust #OwnVoices, African American #OwnVoices, Asian American #OwnVoices, Latinx #OwnVoices, LGBTQ #OwnVoices, Sensory Issues #OwnVoices and much more. While change is a long time coming, it starts with a single book.
- The Waldorf Homeschool Handbook by Donna Ashton. The Waldorf Homeschool Handbook is a simple step-by-step guide to creating and understanding a Waldorf-inspired homeschool plan.
Read these ebooks for free with your Kindle Unlimited subscription!