I first saw this book when it was in galley form and it was breathtaking then. Actually holding the book in my hands is an experience I’m very happy with.
The Hunter’s Promise: An Abenaki Tale told by long-time story-teller and author Joseph Bruchac and beautifully illustrated by Bill Farnsworth is a beautiful re-telling of an old story from the Abenaki Indians of Vermont and Canada.
“Promise to remember me” was all the beautiful woman had ever said to the hunter. She had appeared from nowhere one day when he had been lonely during the long winter hunting trip. Isolated in the vast wilderness of the northeast, he would only return to his village in the spring. However, it was his destiny that this year he would not be alone because she had appeared.
The hunter had quickly fallen in love with the mysterious woman, and together they had become their own little family. But when spring arrived and it was time to return to the village, she disappeared just as suddenly as she had arrived. Would he ever see his love again? The hunter didn’t know, but he was sure he would keep his promise and never forget her. That is, until one day when the daughter of the village chief cast a spell on him!
World-renowned storyteller Joseph Bruchac retells this traditional story of love, loyalty, trust, and magic, which can be found in various forms among many of the indigenous nations of the northeast, both Iroquoian and Algonquin. Join him and award-winning illustrator Bill Farnsworth, as they recount this ancient and unique Abenaki tale of keeping a promise to one’s family and of the proper relationship of humans to the natural world.
More Excellent Books by Joseph Bruchac
A great way to learn more about the Abenaki tribe and confederation is from Joseph Bruchac himself who is a descendant of this fine nation.
Books as Gifts
So, in honor of getting a jump-start on the 2020 holiday shopping season, we are offering the very special October Coupon Code, SAVE25. Use this code at checkout to enjoy 25% off on orders over $50 AND free shipping too!
Go HERE to explore our wide range of books for multiples and ages and genres and start ticking some gift recipients off your holiday shopping list!
So for the 2020 holiday season, everyone at Audrey Press would like to offer a gift-buying perk (and stress buster!) in the form of a very unique 10 BOOK BUNDLE plus a special COUPON CODE.
During the month of October, use Coupon Code SAVE25 at checkout to save 25% on orders over $50!
This special Holiday 10-book Bundle Deal includes one paperback or hardcover copy of the following books:
- The Ascension Trilogy-Ascension, Clandestine, and Reclamation by Hannah Rials (YA, Urban Fantasy)
- Two-Year Waitlist: An Entrepreneurial Guide for Music Teachers by Noreen Wenjen (Non-fiction Business)
- Pilgrimage: A Modern Seeker’s Guide by Evans Bowen (Spirituality and Travel)
- HOW TO COACH GIRLS by Mia Wenjen and Alison Foley (Parenting and Coaching)
- The Elusive Full Ride Scholarship: An Insider’s Guide by Mia Wenjen and Alison Foley (Parenting and Coaching)
- Sissy Goes Tiny by Rebecca Flansburg and BA Norrgard (Hardcover Children\’s Picture Book)
- Dragons Are Real by Valarie Budayr (Children\’s Picture Book)
- A Year in the Secret Garden by Valarie Budayr and Marilyn Scott-Waters (Middle Reader Activity and Screen-Free Learning)
So this holiday season, give your family the gift that they can open again and again…BOOKS!
***FREE SHIPPING in the USA-Be sure and order before December 15, 2020, to ensure arrival before Christmas.***Again, use SAVE25 at checkout to save 25% on orders over $50!