It’s Goddess Month!
What is that, you say?
Goddess Month is not a mainstream or well-known holiday (yet). It is actually something that Audrey Press CEO, Valarie Budayr, and I came up with several years ago as a “just between us” observance.
Valarie is the long-time Co-founder of the global non-profit Multicultural Children’s Book Day and I am the former Project Manager. Because the height of this online celebration of children’s literature happens in January, we felt like that month was a blur and there was no time to celebrate the New Year.
Because of this, we decided that “our” New Year technically didn’t begin in February and we needed to really make our own celebration special. At that moment, Goddess Month was born!
Goddess Month is a chance to put our self-care first while also celebrating the Inner Goddess that lives in all of us.
Goddess Month is all about us. It’s about acknowledging what amazing women can achieve when surrounded by other Wise Women. It’s 28 days to be kind to ourselves and honor our majesty as women.
Here Are 28 Ideas For Celebrating Goddess Month
- Take a daily walk in nature. Soak up the sun, listen to the trees, and observe the beauty of clouds.
- Use your ears in a new way! I highly recommend turning off the TV and listening to something instead. An audiobook perhaps or my personal favorite, podcasts. I highly recommend Valarie’s new podcast over on her sister site Mongata.
- Take a trip. Maybe it is across town to a new shop or maybe it’s a day trip to a new destination. Explore and discover something new every day!
- Buy the shoes or get the dress. We don’t need special occasions to treat ourselves to something new that makes our hearts sing.
- Volunteer. Volunteerism not only helps a person or organization in need but also broadens our horizons and fills our hearts up.
- Send a Thank You Note to someone who means the world to you.
- Play with a pet. Studies have shown that interacting with furry friends releases serotonin and eases stress.
- Write. Writing in a journal is a great way to spend time with your own thoughts and dreams.
- Color! Who hasn’t heard of the adult coloring craze and it was popular for a reason!
- Cook. Cooking good food that nourishes our bodies is a great way to treat ourselves with love.
- Call your parents and laugh about stories of your childhood.
- Soak in the tub.
- Get a massage.
- Take a nap.
- Give yourself a facial.
- Give yourself (or treat yourself) to a manicure and/or pedicure.
- Snuggle up with a good book.
- Indulge in a creative hobby like needlecraft, painting, or sewing.
- Try a new restaurant with friends.
- Make a list of all of the things you love about yourself.
- Do a day of digital detox.
- Hire someone to professionally clean your home.
- Learn a new skill. An active mind is a healthy one.
- Every day, write down 5 things you are grateful for.
- Light some candles, turn off your phone, and listen to music.
- Brew a cup of tea.
- Watch a sunset with a loved one.
- Dance like no one is watching!
What will YOU do to be nice to YOU this month?Connect with Audrey Press on Social Media