Library Lover\’s Month is a month-long celebration of school, public, and private libraries of all types. This is time for everyone to recognize the value of our libraries and work towards the goal of assuring the works of all National libraries continues.
So how does one show some Library Love? Here\’s some ideas:
- Contribute at your library — donate your time, money and expertise
- Write a check to your library\’s friends/foundation group
- Chat up officials and local politicians about how the library is important to you
- Urge legislators to invest in libraries as a vital community resource
- Speak up for libraries at school, civic and community group meetings
- Invite a library representative to talk to your group about services and needs
- Learn about your library. Talk to your librarian, Trustees and others involved to learn about their current needs and issues are.
- Show your library love by placing the \”I Love Libraries!\” button on your blog.